Several friends have encouraged me to blog, but up until now I have been reluctant. I have never felt I had much to share. Self-reflection has taught me that, despite wishing my scale was more balanced, I am much more of a doer than a thinker. However, now that Andrew and I have purchased a very large to-do list,
I figured blogging about my various projects might be a fun way to chronicle the progression of making our first house our home. Plus maintaining a blog might finally earn me a trendy SAH mom merit badge. I also sincerely hope it’s a source of staying more connected with our family and dear friends we have made in our zigzags across the country. Self-reflection has also taught me that I suck as a phone conversationalist. My apologies.
Just as every craft project requires some prep work--preshrinking, taping, sanding--it’s only natural that a blog centered on my crafting pursuits should be prepped by an introduction. I make no promises regarding the frequency or read-worthiness of posts or evidently even the use of proper English within. My guess is they will be incredibly sporadic. And they will likely be overcome with kid updates. But, to be fair, I did play a part in crafting them, too.
So with the Beastie Boys’ “She’s Crafty” on loop in my head (read: the seven words of the chorus that I remember from my adolescent fascination) I’m off to start sewing curtains to complete the transformation of Isaac’s bedroom.

YES! I'm so so excited! Love from your "favorite non-creepy stalker"
ReplyDeleteHooray! Welcome to the Blog world Deanne! I can't wait to read more from you--it'll help me catch up with your life! :D
ReplyDeleteLove, Maria
Thanks, ladies!
ReplyDelete